Monday, January 23, 2012

Praise Be Thy Name

Dear God,

You make me humble. I have the tendency to turn away from you through my fears, failures, commitments to worldly views, etc. I feel the need for you to pull me back to where I feel at peace. Lord, God, I am not rested. I have many things which occupy my mind. I have an idea of the sort of person that I would like to become. I want to get there one day. But I feel like I have to let go of many things here. God, your love is bountiful and at its maximum. I feel loved, Lord. Who can give me such great joy? Thank you for what you've done. How can I praise you more, Lord? What can I do to give you praise?

I am going to keep trying my best. I think my wishes and desires should come second. I really would like to see a big community, Lord. One that is all about You. One that will give you joy and delight to know that we love you just as you love us. I live to see that day. I realize that I have put many things first before myself. Yet, I know that my focus should always be on you. Lord, you lead me straight. You love me for who I am. You don't lie about who I am, because you know all my weaknesses and strengths. I pray that you will make me stronger. Lord, I am truly afraid of reverting back to my old self, or even worse, to something that I never wanted to be. Lord, you are everything and all things to me. How can I ever replace you? Nothing on this Earth can ever compare. Lord, I love you. Please be with me forever and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment