Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"And, Action!"

I haven't watched a movie at a movie theater in so long. When I look the people and their reactions to the romance movies, I'd see them go "oohh" and "awww". How predictable. Most of the time, I think people have the same reactions is because many of us have the same desires out of life.

We all want to live a good, fulfilling life--one that simply would make us "whole". Apparently, society has given us a model for a "good" life. This means that in order to be happy, we need to get a job, a house, a spouse, some kids, and be economically secure. I think that's just about it. I mean, that should be it..... I think.

After all, what else would we be needing more than that? Yeah it's understandable that we all need to figure out a way to make a decent living, but I feel that an ideal life is not for everyone. It shouldn't be for anyone, actually. There is no such thing as an ideal life; and there is no such thing as an ideal person.

I enjoy watching romance movies, and thinking about how pretty the couple looks or how beautiful their moments together are. There are, still, some dramas like any other movie. Thinking about it makes me smile. How nice it is to forget about your own life and daydream about becoming the person on the screen.

Sometimes, I feel like people rather would be someone else than be themselves, because they feel like they never have enough or that they're not as physically or socially appealing. Well, if all that mattered in life was to live up to something that someone else concocted from their own imagination, then how would you ever live the "ideal" life (whatever that may be). 

I thought... we each had our own dreams too. And I thought, I just said that there is no such thing as an ideal life. Well, then, wouldn't it be good to expand on those dreams of yours? Wouldn't it be awesome if each person on this earth could be his/her own director and make his/her own movie, writing their own script, setting up the stage with their own props, and really bringing it to life? 

Please, don't worry about everyone else anymore. Please see that you are special. Your ideas may not be wanted by someone else, but I know that you want to be heard. Your story matters to you. And one day, it will matter to someone else, when you inspire them with your creative plans as they sit there to watch what you've fulfilled.

1 comment:

  1. I love this because, "And, Action" should cause us to do something...dare I say, something different than what we watch. I think that it is important to consider that what we watch on the screen are actors - it is never real life. I think this post speaks to living our lives (freely) as INDIVIDUALS and not conforming to the 'ideal' of the imagination of others. I agree, I think it is wonderful to accept and tell our own TRUE LIFE stories to others...the wonder lies in the reality of such stories! Everyone's story is important and can be inspiring...thank you for this post because it reminds your readers to tell their story...who knows?!! it might inspire someone else to live their own life and may lead him/her to find that living his/her life is better than trying to life someone else's...even if his/her imitation is off of the big screen..."And, ACTION!"

    ReplyDelete