Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This Week's Topic At Elijah's House Was On "Love"

This story makes me think about how I went to Elijah's House. Basically, at the meeting, we discussed on the we can identify what real love is--you know, the healthy kind of love-love relationship that everyone wants so badly one way or another. Apparently, this story definitely caught my eye and my very attention.

Read up if you will on Chris Medina's Love Story. (Pst, this guy was in American Idol!!)

So when I first heard of his tragic love story, I was blown away. There are stories like this where you would never imagine to be real, because what happened was tragic but it seems to also be a "happy ending". Essentially, he and his fiancée promised to get marry in two years. A month before their day of marriage, his beloved fiancée got into an accident. Yet, he believed that she would live and prayed for her life; and a month after her accident, she survived! Man..What's more is that he wrote a song for her. I cannot help it but put it on repeat. It's truly something worth acknowledging. Is there really true love out there in this world--even today? Could this story be the one perfect example?

I feel like his story gives hope to those who are suffering from their love life. After all, he is not living like most other couples. He is still very young, close to his thirties; and so is his fiancée who now can never be "normal" again. He's healthy, physically functional, and probably could have left her (I know, I'm mean to think of this but there is that probability that he could not withstand the sight of his fiancée in such a malformed condition). I love that he chose to stay with her, and to be by her side so that he could take care of her. I wish them the best. They're truly amazing people. I like how he smiles and gives her the attention. Most things he does seems to be about her; and she is his number one fan.

When I look at his story and the video, I see a woman who has been dramatically deformed. She is--from top to bottom--crippled, and probably for life because of the serious brain damage. She still is alive, however. I look at him, and he still has such great feelings for her. He can cry when talks about her; and he also promises to be with her even though their lives will never be the same.

Can we believe that we can always start a new life, no matter how things have affected us? I look at them, and I have to say that anything can happen at any minute. You'll never know, but the people who truly loves us for us, will stay. Only then can we see who is faithful, devoted, honest, and really will always be there for us.

He has no responsibility towards her for he is but a fiancée. He does not need to be her caretaker, since her mom already fulfills that job, but yet he volunteers to make it his full responsibility. I do not know very much or understand their lives or anything about them, but their story has touched me. I did tear up after having understood what happened.

God bless these couple for they are one of the best examples to true love as far as I can see.
I hope you will find your love one day--one who will be more than mere words.

No comments:

Post a Comment